It’s a very hot 106F outside here in Bakersfield, CA, which means it’s perfect weather for a nice fruity glass of lemonade. Lemonade is the perfect summer treat, and we’ve been adding a little extra frozen fruit to the glass to cool it down even more and allow the essence of the frozen fruit to dissolve into the lemonade over time. Plus, I’ve perfected the lemonade recipe for one 8 oz mason jar, which I’m excited to share with you below! This recipe is quick, simple, and fun – with a bonus little fruit snack at the end of the drink!
You can use any frozen fruit that you have on hand. For this recipe I used frozen strawberries and blueberries, but mangos, pineapples, or dragonfruit all would be awesome! I also included my home made lemonade recipe because I think nothing is better than a freshly squeezed lemon and some sugar, but this can easily be swapped out with Crystal Lite or store bought lemonade for an even easier (or sugar-free) take on this summer treat. Use what you have, and use what you like!
Recipe down below, photo up top! This recipe makes enough for 1 8 oz mason jar, so a nice single serving.
Berry Infused Mason Jar Lemonades
- Juice of ½ of a lemon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) cold water
- Frozen berries or fruit of your choice
- Squeeze the juice of ½ of a lemon into a clean 8 oz mason jar.
- Add the sugar to the lemon juice, stir vigorously to combine. Most of the sugar should be able to dissolve in the lemon juice, making a lemon syrup.
- Add the water to the lemon syrup, stir to combine. Check the bottom of the mason jar to ensure that all of the sugar has been dissolved fully. If sugar granules remain, continue stirring until they disappear.
- Add frozen fruit and allow the fruit to thaw slightly in the lemonade, about 2-5 minutes. This will begin to infuse the lemonade with new fruity flavor.