If you like Piña Coladas, then this smoothie is for you! It’s essentially a coconut and pineapple smoothie with some greens added. I go for spinach because that’s usually what I have on hand and I feel like the flavor is the most forgiving (mild) of the greens, but you could substitute in some kale, fennel fronds, or chard if you like. I borrowed the name from Molly Baz of Bon Appetit, I think it’s fun and this is what I call this smoothie whenever I make it – but I didn’t want to claim credit for coming up with it!
Recipe down below, photo up top! Recipe makes about 2 smoothies.
- 16 oz Vita Coco Pressed Coconut Water
- Can use normal coconut water with some added coconut milk as well!
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- Fresh or frozen will work
- 1 cup of spinach
- ¼ cup of toasted coconut chips or dried coconut (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on smoothie setting or for about 1 minute, until fully smooth.
- Pour into cups and enjoy!