This is a quick and easy recipe that I made last week, and I’ve been snacking on them ever since! Sliced purple daikon radish and carrots make a beautiful color combo, while also making a crunchy, slightly sweet and salty snack. I love a pickle as a snack (especially when working from home), so these fun and tasty pickles have been keeping me going all week!
Recipe down below, photo up top!
- ½ purple daikon radish, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- Slice the purple daikon radish and the carrots into thin slices, using a knife or mandolin.
- In a large container, mix the red wine vinegar, water, salt, and sugar thoroughly, until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved. This becomes the brine.
- Add the sliced daikon radish and carrots into the brine, toss to coat all of the vegetables. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Enjoy! Pickles stay fresh for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.