I made this variation of a roasted beet salad last week, and it came out so colorful and beautiful that I had to share! This salad is super nourishing while staying light, and the colors are too stunning to pass up. I used my technique for Roasted Beets as preparation for making this salad, so click on the link to access that recipe as a starting place.
The salad comes together pretty easily once the beets are cooked and prepped, which makes this a perfect lunch either at home or on the go. Feta, chickpeas, or hard-boiled eggs can be added for extra protein, or serve it on top of some leafy greens or on the side with some toast and smoked salmon. This salad is totally customizable, and will still be gorgeous with whatever you have on hand!
Recipe down below, picture up top!
Roasted Beet Salad
- 6 medium beets, roasted and sliced
- 1 Cara Cara orange, sliced with peel removed
- Any orange will work here, these are extra pretty and fun if you have them!
- 2 scallions or spring onions
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice roasted beets into bite-sized pieces.
- Use a knife to cut the peel off of an orange, and slice the fruit of the orange into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange the beets and oranges onto a plate, or add into a bowl or container for later.
- Once this is mixed, the juice from the beets may stain the oranges, so using a plate without stirring is ideal if you are going for presentation.
- Slice spring onions into fine slices, and sprinkle over the top of the beets and oranges on the plate.
- Sprinkle red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper over the top of the beets and oranges immediately before serving.