We made the most epic brunch spread over the weekend, build your own BLTs! We had plenty of garden-fresh tomatoes, thick-cut bacon, and fresh rosemary focaccia from one of our favorite bakeries. Mayo for spreading and coffee on the side, this was the perfect spread for a lazy Sunday, and kept me lounging happily on the couch while digesting for a nice while (I don’t usually go for giant breakfasts, so this was a fun treat!).
This brunch spread was pretty easy to put together and would be awesome for future summer entertaining. Add some additional lettuce or turkey bacon on the side for a lighter take, customize toppings by making different flavored mayos (spicy, miso, herby, you name it!), or make it even more luxurious by adding some sunny-side up eggs for the ultimate brunch! This recipe was enough for two of us to enjoy, but it can scale up pretty easily and be ready with minimal work for a morning/brunch spread.
Recipe down below, photo up top!
Summer BLT Brunch:
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- 4-6 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 slices of fresh bread or focaccia, sliced
- 1 tbsp mayo
- ½ tsp flakey (Maldon) salt
- Place the bacon in a skillet or large frying pan and cook to desired done-ness over medium heat, turning occasionally as the bacon cooks. When the bacon is cooked to your liking, remove from the pan to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess grease.
- While the bacon is cooking, slice the tomatoes into rounds. Arrange tomato rounds on a plate and top with flakey (Maldon) salt. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Slice the bread into desired slices, toast if desired. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Add the mayo to a small bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.
- When all of the components (bacon, tomatoes, bread, and mayo) have been assembled, arrange on a table to allow everyone to build their own BLTs.