This recipe was invented for our last burger night, and involved two things that we conveniently have in the fridge at all times – dill pickles and pickled jalapenos. This is a quick and easy recipe that has the elements of sweet, salty, crunchy, and spicy – all in one fun condiment. Step 2 in the recipe offers some ways to customize this as well, lots of fun ways to make this your own depending on your tastes and what you have on hand!
Recipe is below, picture is up top! Also, check out my Pickled Jalapeno post if you want to make your own!
Spicy Pickle Relish
- ½ Whole Dill Pickle or 6-8 Dill Pickle Slices
- 3 Pickled Jalapenos
- Chop ingredients into fine dice and mix together in a bowl.
- Ingredients can be chopped in a small food processor as well for a finer chop.
- Customize with the addition of lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, cumin, or herbs for other fun flavor options!
- Sweet pickles (Bread and Butter) or fresher pickles could also be used to add different flavors.
- Choose your own adventure, and enjoy!