I mentioned in my previous post that I roasted up three eggplants as an awesome meal prep item for the week, and have been munching away on leftovers in various forms since. This salad was one of those delightful meals, and I wanted to share it with you all for some more eggplant inspiration!
As you may know from my previous Work From Home Lunch posts, I usually go for something healthy and veggie forward for my lunches, but I don’t mind if it takes a little bit of time to make or eat because I need that little break in the day. This recipe falls into the “easy to make” category, but it’s a salad that you can linger over and enjoy, which I think is nice. With the toppings already pre-roasted, all the work that is required is to heat them up in the microwave, wedge up some romaine, and top it all with your favorite Caesar dressing. The flavors of Caesar, romaine, and eggplant all work really well together, even if it seems like an unusual combination. Feel free to add some tomatoes and even some chicken for a full dinner salad, or sub in some beans or hard-boiled eggs as protein sources. This salad is light yet hearty, veggie forward but satisfying. With pre-roasted eggplant in your arsenal, this salad can even be an at-office or to-go lunch!
If you did not pre-roast your eggplant but have some raw eggplant on hand, this recipe is still achievable! Cut up your eggplant into bite-sized pieces and cook in a large saute pan with some olive oil over medium heat until fully tender, about 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before using this to top your salad. If you have time to meal prep, the recipe for my Roasted Eggplant with Chickpeas and Feta linked here.
Recipe down below, photo up top! I ate the whole salad in the photo myself, but this could be easily shared as 2 portions.
Wedge Salad with Roasted Eggplant and Caesar
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup of roasted eggplant
- 2 tbsp Caesar dressing
- Wash and thoroughly dry the head of lettuce by shaking off as much water as possible. Cut the head of lettuce in quarters lengthwise to create four wedges of lettuce. Arrange the lettuce on a large plate.
- Add the roasted eggplant to a microwave safe bowl or container, and heat until fully warmed through (about 1 minute). Allow to cool slightly before adding to the lettuce.
- Top the lettuce with the roasted eggplant. Drizzle with Caesar dressing.