Yesterday I posted my recipe for Roasted Root Veggies, which is a great meal prep option if you have a bunch of fun root veggies (turnips, radishes, beets, and potatoes) from your garden, market, or CSA box. Today I wanted to post a salad that I made with my leftovers, along with some leftover Arugula Pesto as the dressing. These flavors all work great together and really maximize the most of the flavors of the fall/winter season.
If you haven’t made the two recipes mentioned above, follow the links here:
Recipe down below, photo up top! This recipe makes enough for one, big lunch salad.
Roasted Root Veggie Salad with Arugula Pesto
- ½ cup of roasted root veggies
- 1 cup of salad greens, baby spinach, or arugula leaves
- 2 tbsp arugula pesto
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Arrange the salad greens onto a large plate or into a large lunch container.
- Top with roasted root veggies.
- Dollop with arugula pesto all around the top of the salad.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt.
Grab a fork and enjoy!